Good afternoon all! Beer Served Rare will be taking a couple weeks off for my wedding and honeymoon. This is a one man operation, so everything will be quiet while I’m gone, but I’ll be back and better than ever in October. Cheers!
It’s baaaaack. Prairie’s rum barrel-aged spin on their esteemed Bomb! imperial stout (with coffee, cacao nibs, vanilla beans and chilies) is set to return in September, so if you missed out last time, now’s your chance. 12oz bottles of Pirate Bomb were picked up by Oklahoma distributors this week, and will ship to Texas and Shelton Brothers during the week of September 22. Keep your eyes peeled, this one won’t linger for long.
Pirate bomb is our beer Prairie Bomb! aged in rum casks. The flavor from the casks helps impart more vanilla and coconut flavors to the beer while helping to add more body and smoothness to the already explosive and expressive flavors of Bomb! 13% ABV
40 beers on tap, 3 limited bottled releases – that’s how Jackie O’s does it. The next drop for the Athens, OH brewery goes down on September 19-20, employing the typical calendar page system the brewery uses for each release to denote everyone’s place in line.
- Calendar pages will be handed out starting at 5pm on Friday, September 19 at the brewpub (24 West Union St)
- After the initial crowd is taken care of, pages will be available behind the bar until closing (2am)
- Brewpub opens on Saturday, September 20 at 9am for beers and breakfast
- Bottle sale begins at 11am, limits will be set based on turnout
- If bottles remain, a 2nd sale will be held (don’t lose your calendar page)
- Check out full details here
- Bourbon Barrel Naja – our Eastern influenced spiced imperial stout aged for 9 months in a bourbon barrel, $20/bottle ~18 cases
- Bourbon Barrel Batch 1000 – an Australian Black Barleywine aged in Willett barrels for 11 months, $18/bottle ~35 cases
- CSAsion Reserve – saison spiced with yarrow, lemon balm, and honey from our farm, conditioned on brett and lacto in stainless. $16/bottle ~42 cases
Jackie O’s Brewpub is located at 24 West Union St in Athens, OH.
Berkeley stand up! The Rare Barrel has another sour bullet for your palate, launching at the brewery on Saturday, September 13 at 2pm. The latest installment in their 100% barrel-aged sour program is Sourtooth Tiger, a golden sour ale aged with ginger. Enjoy!
- $21 per 750mL bottle
- Limit 3 per person
- Founder’s Club pre-sale info will be emailed out to members
Sourtooth Tiger, a golden sour beer aged in oak barrels, is fermented with Brettanomyces yeast and Lactobacillus bacteria. The ginger gives this beer a big bite, which pairs well with its acidity. 5.2% ABV
The Rare Barrel is located at 940 Parker St in Berkeley, CA.
The anniversary bash is on at Great South Brewery this weekend, featuring the unveiling of Apple Brandy Barrel-Aged Dirty Deeds on Saturday, September 6 at noon. 22oz bottles and draft of this barrel-aged Russian Imperial Stout will both hit the taproom for the occasion, as the Long Island-based brewery celebrates 4 years in the business.
Price and bottle limit TBA. $18 per bottle, 400 bottles available.
Great South Bay Brewery is located at 25 Drexel Drive in Bay Shore, NY.
Believe it or not, California’s Drake’s Brewing Company is 25 years old. Commemorating the occasion will be Headzo, an American Strong Ale aged in Wild Turkey whiskey barrels, weighing in at a beefy 18% ABV. Advance sales are already underway via Brown Paper Tickets, allowing fans to reserve up to 2 bottles in advance of the event on the weekend of September 12-14.
- Buy reservations here
- VIP ticket ($68.27) includes 2 bottles and a draft pour during the party on Friday, September 12 (you must show up on this date if you choose VIP)
- Bottle reservations are $26.87 each, limit 2 per person
- Bottles MUST be picked up at the Barrel House on September 12-14 (Fri-Sat 12-10pm, Sun 12-7pm)
For our 25th anniversary beer, we knew we had to brew something, big, bold, delicious and maybe just a little crazy. Headzo American Ale is just that. A truly massive amount of English malts lend flavors of caramel and biscuit to our biggest brew yet. Then, through fermentation our brewers nursed Headzo to a !8% ABV before transferring the beer to Wild Turkey Whiskey barrels that infused flavors of caramel and vanilla to this smooth, monstrous hbeer. From our smallest brews to this behemoth, thanks for drinking different for 25 years.
Drake’s Brewing Company is located at 1933 Davis St. Bldg. 177 in San Leandro, CA.
What’s this? Another bottle from Lost Nation? The Vermont-based brewery is ready to rock with their next bottled beer, Lamoille Bretta on Friday, September 12 at 11:30am. This saison refermented with Brettanomyces is their own take on the classic farmhouse style ale, finishing at 5.9% ABV.
- $15 per 750mL bottle
- Limit 2 per person
- 600 bottles available
Lost Nation Brewing is located at 254 Wilkins St in Morrisville, VT.