Final Sexual Chocolate 2013 Release Details
The fine folks at Foothills Brewing Company just released some final details for the February 2 release of Sexual Chocolate via newsletter. If you’re planning on attending (especially for those traveling), check out the info below to make sure you’re properly prepared. People line up EARLY for this one, so plan accordingly.
From the newsletter:
- Initial keg will be tapped at 5pm on Friday February 1st. Pub brewer Dave Gonzalez will offer the first toast.
- There’s also a brewer’s party Friday night, open to the public, that starts around 8pm in the brewery part of the pub. Admission is free but please bring several bottles of your favorite beer for the group to sample, we’ll provide some light appetizers.
- The line to buy bottles usually starts around 2am (after we close) on the sidewalk outside the pub.
- City police officers will be on hand overnight– ostensibly to keep the soccer hooligans away, since we all know what a well-behaved crowd craft beer enthusiasts are.
- Unconfirmed rumor has it the nice officers will let you enjoy your own, um, refreshments until daylight. Decorum is strongly encouraged. No kegstands, in other words.
- IMPORTANT: if you’re planning on being in line overnight, bring warm clothes, blankets, sleeping bags, water, snacks… in other words, treat it like an urban camping expedition.
- There will be portable restroom facilities in the back parking lot. You’re welcome.
- Around 7:15am, those of you who have bravely withstood the elements will be rewarded for your fortitude with a numbered wristband that denotes your place in line. Woohoo!
- The pub will open at 8am, when you will be further rewarded with breakfast biscuits and coffee. And beer. Hey, you gotta prime the pump.
- Bottle sales will commence at 10am. You’ll be summoned by your wristband number in groups of 50. Bottles are $15 each, limit of 4 to a person. Any questions about that? Then the answer is 15 and 4.
- Bottles usually sell out in 2 or 3 hours. Which means if you show up at noon and complain bitterly that there are none left, you will only create bad karma for yourself.
- Also, no growler fills of Sexual Chocolate. And no growling about no growler fills.
If you won’t be headed to the brewery for the bottle release, there’s still a number of scheduled events with opportunities to try Foothill’s most popular beer.
Details for events from Foothills’ newsletter:
Asheville folk, there’s a lot of Sexual Chocolate to be had over the next couple weeks! Barley’s is having their release party on February 6, then there’s a tasting at the Thirsty Monk on the 7th, and the West Asheville Sexual Chocolate Party is at the Universal Joint on the 8th. The Junction is hosting a Sexual Chocolate beer dinner on the 12th, and then Altamont Brewing Company is having Sexual Chocolate Funk Night, complete with live sexy funk band, on February 13.
In the Triangle, there’s a Foothills tasting at Sam’s Quik Shop on Friday, February 8. Look for a Randall of Hoppyum IPA and keep your eyes peeled for some other surprises! Then there’s a Foothills tap takeover at Triangle Wine Company on February 15.
A bit closer to home in Greensboro, we’re taking over the taps at Sticks and Stones the week of Valentine’s Day, and they’re tapping Sexual Chocolate on the 14th.