Hill Farmstead’s Collected Works
January saw Vermont’s Hill Farmstead announcing the formulation of their own exclusive reserve society, dubbed the Collective Works. In what’s becoming another trend amongst craft breweries to distribute their higher-end products, this limited membership vehicle will give people access to 12 barrel-aged beers, including some of the brewery’s most sought-after creations such as Biere de Norma and Damon.
More details were released this week through a post on the Hill Farmstead website regarding membership, pricing and availability. Below is a breakdown of all the pertinent info, but refer to the brewery for even more details.
The rundown on Collected Works:
- “Very limited amount” of memberships available (rumor is approx 150)
- Memberships are $350 and chosen via lottery system on Monday March 4th at 12pm
- Trustees ARE ALLOWED
- Members will receive 12 barrel-aged beers, some chosen by them, some by the brewery
- Bottles will be picked up all at once on Saturday, August 10 during the Festival of Farmhouse Ales (admission included in membership)
Current list of beers (subject to change, * = mandatory):
- Biere de Norma. Our Biere de Mars. *
- Double Barrel Damon: 1 year in Port, 1 year in VW Bourbon.
- Phenomenology of Spirit: Our Dark Saison. This version was sent through our coolship and 100% spontaneously fermented. *
- Spontaneously Fermented Ale.
- Hill Farmstead/Jackie O’s/Crooked Stave: Release #1: Oud Bruin brewed with Ohio Walnuts. Aged 18+ months in assorted oak barrels.
- Flora aged with Satsuma Mandarins
- Flander’s (style) Red: Aged in Wine and Port barrels. Collaboration with Will Meyers from Cambridge Brewing Company. Brewed in April of 2011 *
- Civil Disobedience #6: Blend of Art and our Favorite Belgian Lambics.
- Flora: Wine barrel aged Wheat Saison. *
- Genealogy of Morals: Wheat/Coffee Imperial Stout, VW and BT barrels. *
- Damon: Russian Imperial Stout: Bourbon Versions. *
- Damon: Russian Imperial Stout: Port Barrel Versions.
- Everett: Bourbon Barrel Aged Treatments.
- Civil Disobedience #7: Blend of oak aged Sankt Hans, Clara, and misc. barrels.
- Madness and Civilization: TBA: Series of Blended Bourbon Barrel Imperial Stouts.
How do I sign up for the lottery?
Hill Farmstead was very specific about this process and the required information. Just to be on the safe side, visit the Collective Works page for the proper details regarding applications, which are being accepted from 12am February 25 to 12am March 1. Good luck!