Westbrook Barrel-Aged Mexican Cake Release July 12
UPDATE 7/10/13: Bottle limits have been dropped from 4 to 2 per person of each treatment.
Mexican Cake is supposed to be pretty amazing, so why not throw it in some barrels and see what happens, right? Apparently Westbrook Brewing Company agrees, as they announced a trio of barrel treatments for their popular Mexican Cake imperial stout coming on Friday, July 12.
The base beer for each of these was part of the original batch brewed in December 2011 and aged in barrels until now. For those new to the program, Mexican Cake is an imperial stout brewed with cocoa nibs, vanilla beans, cinnamon and habanero peppers. Yowzer.
- The three versions are Apple Brandy barrel-aged, Jack Daniels barrel-aged, and Cabernet barrel-aged
- Sales begin at 3pm, tasting room opens at 4pm
- $20 per 22oz bottle, limit 2 of each treatment per person
- Limits are subject to change based on turnout
- Approx 60 cases of each version available
- No distribution, no draft
Westbrook Brewing Company is located at 510 Ridge Road in Mt. Pleasant.