Jackie O’s Next Bottle Release August 17
Four more sour ales from Jackie O’s Pub and Brewery are officially slated to drop on Saturday, August 17 at the pub in Athens. In this next exciting bottle release installment, Dynamo Hum, Evelyn, Chunga’s Old Bruin and Cabernet Barrel-Aged Aberrance will be available. All barrel-aged, all the time! Info and descriptions from the brewery below.
- Calendar pages denoting your spot in line will be handed out starting at 5pm on Friday, August 16 in the pub. The next morning they will be placed on a barrel in front of the brewpub entrance. Please only take one (don’t be an ass).
- Doors open at 9am with beers and breakfast, bottle sale begins at 11am
- Bottle limits will be announced before the sale begins
- 30-38 different beers are expected to be on tap
- NO bottle sharing is permitted
- Dynamo Hum. Our 2013 vintage was aged for 22 months in a Cabernet barrel that had held the previous years Dynamo. Our take on Framboise. On of my personal favorites. $20/22oz
- Eveyln. This beer was released last year as part of the STAFF collection. This year we are bringing it to ALL. Evelyn is a barrel aged sour brown ale with raspberries added to the barrel. A blend of an 18 month and a 28 month old barrel. $20/22oz
- Chunga’s Old Bruin. Chunga is a sour brown ale aged in oak barrels with cherries added. Our 2013 vintage is a blend of 20 month and 33 month old barrels. Chunga comes in at 8% and has a very rich character with a nice acidic character and both sweet and tart cherry notes. $20/22oz
- Cabernet Barrel Aged Aberrance. Aberrance is our black saison. We aged it in a Cabernet barrel for 6 months with some carefully selected wild yeasts and bacterias. The Cabernet barrel added some great complexity and richness to the beer with some hints of funk, fruit, and a nice subtle tartness. At 8%, Aberrrance as a nice full and elegant character. $18/22oz
There’s more news coming out of Jackie O’s, so check out the full blog post here.
Jackie O’s Pub and Brewery is located at 24 West Union Street in Athens.