Foothills Bourbon Barrel-Aged Sexual Chocolate Release September 7
It’s back! Foothills Brewing Company announced the official release date for the 2013 batch of Bourbon Barrel-Aged Sexual Chocolate to be Saturday, September 7 at the brewpub in Winston-Salem. Now that your whistle is already wet from dreaming about this boozy, chocolaty barrel-aged wonder, check out the details from the Foothills newsletter below.
- Foothills will host its traditional bottle share pre-release party on Friday night September 6th beginning at 7pm, in the brewery portion of the brewpub. Price of admission is a bottle or two (or three or four) from your craft beer collection. Appetizers will be provided.
- The line to buy bombers (22-oz. bottles) will start on the sidewalk outside the pub. You’re welcome to show up anytime after we close at 2am the previous evening.
- City police officers will be on hand overnight– ostensibly to keep the soccer hooligans away, since we all know what a well-behaved crowd craft beer enthusiasts are.
- Unconfirmed rumor has it the nice officers will let you enjoy your own, um, refreshments until daylight. Decorum is strongly encouraged. No kegstands, in other words.
- There will be portable restroom facilities in the back parking lot. You’re welcome.
- Around 7:00am, a bleary-eyed but cheerful member of Foothills’ staff will distribute numbered wristbands that denote your place in line.
- The pub will open at 8am, and the first keg of BBA Sexual Chocolate will be tapped and waiting at that time. If everyone’s been well-behaved in line, we might even pull out a keg or two of regular Sexual Chocolate and put it on tap. We’ll also have breakfast available for purchase.
- Bottle sales will commence at 10am. You’ll be summoned by your wristband number in groups of 50. Bottles are $20 each, limit of 4 to a person. Any questions about that? Then the answer is 20 and 4.
- IMPORTANT: there is a very limited supply of this beer. Bottles and draft will both be gone quickly. This is our polite way of telling that, if you want to partake in trying this beer, please please please plan accordingly. If you show up at noon and complain bitterly that there’s none left, you will only create bad karma for yourself.
- No growler fills of BBA Sexual Chocolate. And no growling about no growler fills.
- Finally, as a ‘thank you’ for your loyalty, we’re in the ardent process of talking our brewmaster into parting with some of his cellared collection stash of previous years’ Sexual Chocolate. As we are a persuasive lot, plan on that being the case. Prices and purchase quantity limit to be determined.
- Want to stay up to date on all the latest leading up to this event? Then do what a half million people are doing every day — join Twitter. We’re @FoothillsBeer.
- Hope to see you there!
Foothills Brewing Company is located at 638 West 4th Street in Winston-Salem. Check them out here.