AleSmith Rye Barrel Aged Old Numbskull & Barrel Aged Grand Cru Bottle Sales
AleSmith’s 2013 Reserve Series rolls on this fall, featuring Red Wine Barrel-Aged Grand Cru and Rye Whiskey Barrel-Aged Old Numbskull. Similar to previous releases, both brews will be sold through Brown Paper Tickets in advance on Monday, September 30 at 11am PST and available for pickup at the brewery from October 5 through December 8.
- Bottle sales begin on Monday, September 30 at 11am PST here.
- Limit 4 bottles of each per person
- $29.97 (after service fee) per 750mL bottle
- All bottles MUST be picked up by December 8, any bottles left will be surrendered back to the brewery
- You MUST use your name when purchasing, as photo ID and confirmation letter will be required for pick up (aka NO PROXIES)
- Release party will be Saturday, October 5 from 11am-8pm
A new twist on the barrel-aged version of our American Barleywine, Old Numbskull has been matured in premium rye whiskey barrels for over a year to develop its rich and intense flavor profile. The result is an amazingly complex beer that balances the caramel and toasted malt character of Old Numbskull with spicy notes of vanilla and oak from the barrel aging process.
Barrel Aged Grand Cru is back! Earlier this year we released this unique, first-ever wine barrel-aged AleSmith brew and it was a great success. Barrel Aged Grand Cru is our Belgian-Style Ale that has been matured in American and French oak red wine barrels for a year to add layers of complexity to its rich flavor profile of dark fruit and Belgian caramel malts. The oak and red wine flavors imparted by the barrel-aging process blend seamlessly with subtle hints of raisin, plum, and bittersweet chocolate from the beer!
AleSmith Brewing Company is located at 9366 Cabot Drive in San Diego. Visit them here.