3rd Annual Jester King Funk N Sour Fest October 27
Jester King will hold their 3rd annual Funk n’ Sour Fest on Sunday, October 27 from 12-6pm at the brewery in Austin. Tickets go on sale TODAY at noon, so don’t sleep if you have designs on hitting this up.
Here’s the info from the brewery newsletter:
Our Funk n’ Sour Fest is the special event we hold at our brewery each year to celebrate Austin Beer Week. We’re very excited about the lineup of beers we’re going to serve this year at the fest, and we believe that it will be a very unique experience for Texas beer drinkers. Our beer lineup is the result of a great deal of experimentation over the last three years in the largely still uncharted world of wild fermentation. Collectively, the beers we’ll serve account for over a decade of time spent patiently waiting for wild yeast and souring bacteria to slowly create unique, wonderful flavors and aromas.
Three new barrel-aged sour beers refermented in oak barrels with fruit will be making their debut at the fest — Aurelian Lure, Nocturn Chrysalis, and Omniscience & Proselytism — refermented with apricots, blackberries, and strawberries respectively.
The following is our initial lineup of beer, cider and sake for the fest. We may be able to add a few more beers to the list once the fest draws nearer.
- Jester King Aurelian Lure
- Jester King Nocturn Chrysals
- Jester King Omniscience & Proselytism
- Jester King Atrial Rubicite
- Jester King Funk Metal
- Jester King Boxer’s Revenge
- Jester King RU55
- Jester King Ol Oi
- Jester King Viking Metal
- Jester King Das Überkind
- Jester King Das Wunderkind
- Jester King Salt Lick
- Jester King El Cedro
- Jester King Wytchmaker
- Jester King Noble King
- Jester King Le Petit Prince
- Argus Cidery Idalou Brut
- Hops & Grain Volumes of Funk: Funky Barleywine
- Austin Beerworks Einhorn
- Ranger Creek Small Batch Series No. 6
- Texas Sake Company Fresh Pressed Sake
- Prairie Artisan Ales Prairie Standard
- Prairie Artisan Ales Prairie Somewhere
- BFM Abbaye de Saint Bon Chien
- BFM Douze
- BFM Alex Le Rouge
- BFM Tarry Suchong
- Birra del Borgo Rubus con Lamponi
- Birra del Borgo L’Equilibrista
- Hitachino Nest XH
- Rodenbach Grand Cru
- …and a special surprise beer or two!
This year we’ll have three different types of tickets to the fest, which are detailed below:
Regular Admission Ticket
The regular admission ticket is $32 and includes admission to the fest, a custom event glass, and twelve beer tickets. Each beer ticket is good for a 2oz. pour of any beer on the list. Two tickets may be used to receive a 4oz. pour. Additional beer tickets are available for $1.50 per ticket, purchasable in even numbered blocks (2, 4, 6, 8, 10…etc.) Six-hundred Regular Admission tickets will be available.
Regular Admission + Limited Release Bottles Ticket
The Regular Admission + Limited Release Bottles Ticket is $64 and includes admission to the fest, a custom event glass, twelve beer tickets, one bottle of Jester King Nocturn Chrysalis (500ml) and one bottle of Jester King Aurelian Lure (500ml). Four-hundred Regular Admission + Limited Release Bottles tickets will be available.
Designated Driver Ticket
The Designated Driver Ticket is $5 and includes admission to the fest and access to all food and non-alcoholic beverage options.
Here are some additional details about the fest:
● During the fest, there will be food and non-alcoholic beverages available for purchase from:
- Stanley’s Farmhouse Pizza
- Garbo’s Fresh Maine Lobster
- Curt’s Barbecue
- Skull and Cakebones
- Buddha’s Brew Kombucha
- Cuvee Coffee
- Additional food and non-alcoholic options may be added as the fest gets closer.
● Here’s our preliminary list of bottles to go we’ll have available at the fest. A 10% discount is applied to the purchase of 12 or more bottles.
- Atrial Rubicite (500ml, $16, blend 2, limit 1)
- Boxer’s Revenge (750ml, $16, limit 6)
- RU55 (750ml, $16, limit 4)
- Noble King (750ml, $11)
- Le Petit Prince (750ml, $8)
- Commercial Suicide (750ml, $8)
- Black Metal (750ml, $12)
- Mad Meg (750ml, $12)
- Das Wunderkind (750ml, $14)
- Wytchmaker (750ml, $11)
- Argus Cidery Idalou Brut (750ml, pricing TBD)
- Prairie Standard (355ml, pricing TBD)
- Prairie Somewhere (500ml, pricing TBD)
- BFM Abbaye de Saint Bon Chien (size and pricing TBD)
- BFM Douze (size and pricing TBD)
- BFM Alex Le Rouge (size and pricing TBD)
- BFM Tarry Suchong (size and pricing TBD)
- Birra del Borgo Rubus con Lamponi (size and pricing TBD)
- Birra del Borgo L’Equilibrista (size and pricing TBD)
- Hitachino Nest XH (size and pricing TBD)
- Rodenbach Grand Cru (750ml, pricing TBD)
● We have reserved one of our new barrel aged sour beers with fruit — Omniscience & Proselytism — solely for pouring on-site at the fest.
● Four ounce pours of Le Petit Prince Farmhouse Table Beer are only one beer ticket.
● Event t-shirts featuring the festival artwork pictured above will be available for purchase. We’ll also have new Aurelian Lure, Nocturn Chrysalis, and Omniscience & Proselytism t-shirts available, along with some new poster prints of some of our label art.
● Kids are welcome free of charge. However, no one under age 21 will be sold any alcoholic beverages.
● Free brewery tours will be available.
● We’ll have live music. Bands to be determined.