Speakeasy Ales Introduces The Syndicate Series Barrel-Aging Program
More barrel-aged beer is on the horizon in San Francisco. Speakeasy Ales & Lagers will officially introduce The Syndicate Series of barrel-aged ales on Thursday, December 5 from 4-7pm at the brewery, starting with Syndicate No. 01. Each release in the program will be a unique blend of strong beers that have been aged in American spirits barrels for no less than nine months.
Syndicate No. 01 is a blend of six strong ales matured between 12-26 months in various bourbon barrels. Here’s the breakdown:
- Old Godfather (51%) Barleywine aged 26 months
- Black Hand Volume 1 (15%) Imperial Stout aged 13 months
- Two Minutes to Midnight (14%) Imperial Stout aged 12 months
- Betrayal (11%) Imperial Red aged 12 months
- Double Daddy (5%) Imperial IPA aged 12 months
- Payback (3%) Robust Porter aged 18 months
A mere 350 cases were produced, so Syndicate No. 01 will only be available at the brewery and a small number of West coast stores.
Visit the official Facebook event page for all the details. Speakeasy Ales & Lagers is located at 1195 Evans Ave in San Francisco.