Funky Buddha Maple Bacon Coffee Porter Release Jan. 11
I can already hear the commotion from here. On Saturday, January 11 Funky Buddha Brewery will host their first bottle release at the new facility featuring the intrepid Maple Bacon Coffee Porter. The brewery is really set to blow the lid off this one, turning the release into an all-day event with breakfast pairings, food trucks, multiple bars, live music and a host of limited beers on tap.
- Bottle sales begin at 10am
- $15 per 22oz bottle
- Limit 2 bottles per person
- Draft list is TBA, but will include Maple Bacon Coffee Porter and beers from guest breweries
- Bottle sharing will be permitted outside the taproom within the festival grounds
UPDATE 12/30 Expected draft list:
- Maple Bacon Coffee Porter
- No Crusts
- Funky Buddha/Tequesta Brewing Co. 2011 Brown Barleywine
- Funky Buddha/Tequesta Brewing Co. Imperial Pils
- Bonita Applebum
- Pina Colada Wheat Ale
- Rice Crispy Treat
- Fire in the Hole
- Starfruit Berlinerweiss
- French Oak Hop Gun
- Pineapple Jalapeno Hop Gun
- Imperial Stout
- Brooooooown Double Brown Ale
- Double Dragon Belgian Dubbel
- Don’t Tell Reese
- Randy’s Old Fashioned
- Last Snow
- Snow Day (Imperial Last Snow)
- Whiskey Barrel-Aged Snow Day
Evoking a complete diner-style breakfast in a glass, Maple Bacon Coffee Porter is a complex beer with a multitude of flavors at work. It pours an opaque, ebony brew with a frothy tan head. Aromas of sticky maple syrup and fresh-brewed coffee creep forth from the glass. The mouth feel is luxuriously creamy, with layers of sweet malt and roast giving way to waves of smoke, coffee, and dark salted chocolate. The finish is sticky, rich, and sweet, with flavors of maple syrup lingering pleasantly on the tongue.
EDIT 12/12 – Sneak peek at the bottle:
Check out the full details on the Facebook event page.
Funky Buddha Brewery is located at 1201 NE 38th Street in Oakland Park. Check them out here.