Kuhnhenn Winter Solstice 2013 Release Details
Listen up! The details are in for Kuhnhenn Winter Solstice 2013 – I hope you’ve been saving your money for something other than Christmas presents this year. 9 beers and 6 meads will all be available for purchase – let’s do this.
Solstice Bottle Release Pricing and Limits:
The beers (all 12oz bottles, prices do not include tax):
- 2010 Solar Eclipse – $10 – Limit 2
- 2011 Duvil in Miss Jones – $8 – Limit 4
- 2012 Bourbon Barrel 4D – $8 – Limit 3
- 2013 Bourbon Barrel 4D – $7 – Limit 6
- Bourbon Barrel Barleywine – $7 – Limit 2
- Forbidden IPA – $6 – Limit 6
- Raw Michigan Barleywine – $6 – Limit 3
- Cherry Oud Bruin – $6 – Limit 6
- 4th Dementia Olde Ale – $6 – Limit 12
The meads (all 375mL bottles, prices do not include tax):
- A Taste of Peach Icewine – $22 – Limit 1
- Rye Barrel French Toast – $20 – Limit 2
- Vanilla Gorillabilly $20 – Limit 2
- Cinnamonster Redneck Frankenstein – $20 – Limit 1
- Mint Julep – $20 – Limit 1
- Manhattan Project – $20 – Limit 4
The “Full Limit” packages:
- Full Limit Beer (44 bottles and 2 pint glasses) $315
- Full Limit Mead (11 bottles and 1 goblet) $235
- Totally Full Limit Beer and Mead Combo (44 btls beer, 11 btls mead, 2 pints, 1 goblet, 6 coasters) $550
Wow. As for the specific release details, the process will be slightly different this year. Here’s the official word from the Kuhnhenn Facebook page:
“Now as far as the details of the release, this year we are selling the bottles out of our shipping doors on the parking lot side of the building. You can line up inside the heated tent beginning at approx 6am. We will hand out numbered order forms at 8:00am; sales will begin at 9:00am.
“We’re doing it differently this year: all orders will be filled on demand, in the order you line up. Carbonless forms and multiple registers will allow us to fill and complete orders more quickly than in years past, and on demand, easily chipping away at the line.
“When your order is filled, we encourage you to take the bottles back to your car so you can then come inside and enjoy a pint or three. You may bring your bottle order inside, but not consume bottles on the premises – there is no way for us to monitor consumption responsibly and effectively if guests are drinking their bottle allotments in the tasting room – plus our hardworking waitstaff gets no piece of the action.
“We also have hotel deals worked out with the TownePlace Suites, Comfort Inn and Baymont Inn and Suites – all of which are offering free shuttle service Friday and Saturday for Solstice guests.
“Additional parking can be found at CJ’s Company Store, Lyle Elliott Funeral Home, the City lot on the NW corner of Mound and Chicago, GLE Recycling, or street parking in the neighborhood (please be respectful of our neighbors).”
Bundle up and have fun out there! Kuhnhenn Brewing Company is located at 5919 Chicago Road in Warren.