The Alchemist Focal Banger and Petit Mutant to Debut Feb. 15
The Alchemist has hinted at releasing new beers outside of the wonderfully hoppy Heady Topper for a while, and the first batches are ready to see the light of day on Saturday, February 15 at 11am. While the production brewery remains closed to the public after numerous complaints from neighbors regarding herds of beer fanatics jamming up the area to pick up truckloads of cans, the brewery has arranged for an off-site release in Waterbury.
First up is (you guessed it) an American IPA, Focal Banger, hopped with Citra and Mosaic (schwing!), coming in at 7% ABV. Petit Mutant, a 100% Brett fermented ale with an insane amount of Montmorency cherries (almost one pound per can) will also be available.
- Release location is at Pilgrim Park and Railroad Street in Waterbury, the old station lumber site next to the train station
- Focal Banger – $12.50 per 4-pack, $75 per case (160z. cans)
- Petit Mutant – $6 per can, $144 per case (16oz. cans)
- Limit 1 case of each per person
- CASH ONLY
- Focal Banger will be available on draft at The Reservoir, Arvad’s, Prohibition Pig, Blackback and Blue Stone
- 200 Petit Mutant posters will be for sale at a suggested donation of $5 each, The Alchemist will match all monies as a donation to The Vermont Food Bank
Check out further details on The Alchemist blog.