AleSmith Barrel-Aged Decadence 2014 & Brandy Barrel-Aged Old Numbskull Barleywine On Sale Oct. 19
A double barrel-aged release is locked and loaded for AleSmith next week, with Barrel-Aged Decadence 2014 and Brandy Barrel-Aged Old Numbskull going on sale Monday, October 19 at 11am PST via Brown Paper Tickets. AleSmith has these releases dropping like a finely oiled machine these days.
- Purchase bottles online here
- Barrel-Aged Decadence 2014 – $32.04 per 750mL bottle
- Brandy Barrel-Aged Old Numbskull – $29.97 per 750mL bottle
- Limit 2 bottles of each per person
- Bottles MUST be picked up at the tasting room from Saturday, October 24 through Sunday, December 6
- Proxies must be designated as “pickup person” during your transaction (you can only proxy for ONE person)
Barrel-Aged Decadence 2014 – We originally brewed this Wheat Wine Ale in 2014 as part of our annual Decadence series to celebrate our nineteenth anniversary. One lucky portion of the ale was set aside to be aged in bourbon barrels for this year’s release. After a lengthy period of hibernation, the beer’s profile has become magnified by the barrel’s rich oaky character. Now, notes of vanilla and bourbon have combined with the Wheat Wine’s honey and ripe fruit flavors to make this limited release a truly memorable experience. Enjoy now or continue to age in a cool, dark place.
Brandy Barrel-Aged Old Numbskull – This barrel-aged version of our American Barleywine is matured in premium brandy barrels to develop its rich and intense flavor profile. The result is an amazingly complex beer that balances the caramel and toasted malt character of Old Numbskull with notes of plum, honey, and oak from the barrel aging process. Savor this one now or continue to age it in the bottle for years to come.
AleSmith Brewing Company is located at 9990 AleSmith Court in San Diego, CA.