It’s back! The Two Roads Sourcopia rare beer release party returns for 2015, taking over the brewery on Saturday, November 14 from 10am-9pm. 3 different sour ales will be available, with bottle sales kicking off at noon.
- Two Roads Kriek – $10 per 375mL bottle
- Krazy Pucker – $10 per 500mL bottle
- Hexotic – $10 per 375mL bottle
- Limit 2 bottles of each beer per person
- 600 bottles of each beer are available
- All of the release beers will be available on draft (limited supply, duh)
Inspired by classic Belgian interpretations, Two Roads Kriek is a wheat-based brew re-fermented with sour cherries. After brewing, the lambic is mixed with the cherries and transferred into oak barrels where it ages for nearly two years until just the right level of cherry-like “funkiness” is achieved.
Two Roads’ Berliner Weiss, “Krazy Pucker,” in 500 mL bottles. Tart and tasty, find out why Napoleon called this style of beer, “The Champagne of the North.”
“Hexotic” has been a work in progress at the brewery for over two years. The brew is made with six tropical fruits that include: Orange, passion fruit, mangosteen, gaunabana, guava & mango and aged in oak for 28 months.
Two Roads Brewing Company is located at 1700 Stratford Ave in Stratford, CT.
The Secret Barrel Society was created to support our most avid sour beer followers, by hosting specialized events that provide beer focused experiences, in appreciation of their appreciation. Previous SBS members helped our small sour program grow and enabled us to experiment and release new sour beer blends and varieties not otherwise possible without their support. We are pleased to be able to offer a program this year with more benefits at a lower cost, as we no longer need to seek additional revenue to help grow our brewery.
We expect 4 separate sour releases in 2016, with multiple individual beers per release. Pending availability, each bottle release will include (6) bottles of beer, per individual beer, for reservation. The following individual beers are expected to be released over the membership duration of 2016:
The following will be released in 750 ml bottles:
Blackberry – Cauldron – VinoSynth Red – VinoSynth White – Black Raspberry
Blueberry – Persimmon – Peach – Pawpaw – Phyllis #2
Kiwi – Sour Reserve 7 – Collaboration Beer One – Fresh Oak Brett
Strawberry – Raspberry – Mayhaw – Collaboration Beer Two
We are transitioning the following beer in 500 ml bottles in 2016 for purchase:
Dantalion – Malefactor – Peach – Cherry
Please note, the beer is not included in your membership fee. Your membership purchase guarantees availability of all Upland Sour Ales before any public sale occurs. Your beer must still be purchased at a retail location (Indianapolis or Bloomington) after it is released.
Your membership also includes:
- Two Upland Sour Program custom glasses
- One Secret Barrel Society T-Shirt
- 1 free general admission ticket to Sour Wild and Funk Fest
- Free entry to a members only event immediately following the Sour + Wild + Funk Fest (one guest will be allowed for each member at no additional cost)
- Free entry to a food and sour beer pairing event at the brewery before the end of the year (one guest will be allowed for each member at no additional cost)
- Several new experimental beers, not mentioned above, released for the first time available exclusively to members for purchase
- Bimonthly updates through the Secret Barrel Society e-newsletter
- VIP access to the Grand Opening of our new Bloomington Sour House (one guest allowed)
- Quarterly SBS-Only Tours and Tastings offered at the Bloomington Sour House
- Other awesome events and benefits we decide to add on, spuriously and with adequately questionable notice, throughout the year for members
For questions please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Brace yourselves – another Le Roar Grrrz bottle drop is locked and loaded at Bullfrog Brewery on October 3 and 4. SIX different blends will be featured for the event, which will be split up between Pub Club Members on October 3 at 10am and a general release on October 4 at 9am.
- Le Roar Grrrz (non-fruited, 3rd St barrels)
- Le Roar Grrrz Melange (blueberry, blackberry & aronia berries)
- Le Roar Grrrz Blueberry
- Le Roar Grrrz Blackberry
- Le Roar Grrrz Plum
- Le Roar Grrrz Druiven (Merlot grapes)
- $30 per 750mL bottle
- Limit 1 bottle of each variant per person
- Full allotment ($180) will be pre-packaged in a screen printed cloth wine tote and also includes either an event t-shirt or teku glassware (your choice)
- Approx 325 full sets available
- CASH ONLY
Check out the full details and FAQ here. Enjoy!
Bullfrog Brewery is located at 229 W. 4th St. in Williamsport, PA.
It’s happening again – Upland lambic lottery time! Four sour ales are on the slate this time, including Three Degrees North, Cherry Lambic, Raspberry Lambic and Dantalion. The fun begins at noon EST on Thursday, September 24 and wraps up at noon EST on Thursday, October 1.
- Enter the lottery here
- One entry per person (entering more than once will result in cancellation)
- Winners will be notified via email on October 5
- Pickup location (Bloomington Brewpub or Indianapolis Tasting Room in Broad Ripple) must be specified upon entering and cannot be changed later
- Bottles MUST be picked up between October 14-28
- Proxies are allowed (must present copy of winner’s photo ID to pickup)
- $25 + tax per 750mL bottle
- Limit 1 bottle of Cherry, Raspberry, Three Degrees North and limit 2 bottles of Dantalion per person
Fruited Lambics: Lambics have been made in Belgium for over 500 years, and we’re honoring this tradition by brewing our own Indiana version. Upland lambic-style sour ales are fermented by wild yeast and aged in oak casks for over a year which creates a tart, complex beer. We then add whole berries, in this case blueberries or blackberries, giving the beer enticing aromas and flavors. Once the fruit has been added, the beer is bottle conditioned, which adds a zesty and refreshing carbonation. Upland lambic-style sour ales are the perfect drink to share with friends over a plate of good cheese and fresh fruit. The cherries this year were sourced from Michigan’s King Orchard and the raspberries are from Chile.
Three Degrees North: Three latitude degrees away, we collaborated with our friends at Yazoo Brewing Company. The result was a beer with polite sour notes by combining a Blonde Sour Ale with Kiwi and Cherry Sour Ales to meld into a fruit filled extravaganza of flavors. This beer is to be enjoyed with sunshine, friends, and a cool breeze. Strings and spokes are welcome.
Dantalion: Dantalion is our demonically named sour ale based on the Oud Bruin beer style. Medium brown in color, Dantalion has hints of chocolate, Munich malts, and rye. We also incorporate a spice blend containing ginger, coriander, star anise, grains of paradise, and black pepper to create a gentle halo of spice character. The beer is fermented on the same selection of yeasts and microbes as our base lambic, and aged for up to 8 months or more in white oak barrels.
The wait is finally over – after bottling back in March earlier this year, Russian River Beatification Batch 007 is finally ready to hit the streets. Bottles will go on sale at the pub on Sunday, September 20 at 8am via the back rollup door.
- $20 per 375mL bottle
- Limit 6 bottles per person
- Approx 500 cases produced
- Draft will be available when the pub opens at 11am
- No growlers
For those of you keeping score at home and comparing this to the Batch 006 release, yes – the price is higher (up from $18), the limits are halved (down from 12 per person), and less was produced (down from over 1000 cases).
This beer is very unique and inspired by breweries in the Lambic region of Belgium and, especially, our friends at Cantillon. It is 100% spontaneously fermented, meaning yeast is not added. Once the beer is brewed, it is transferred to a cool-ship or “horny” tank located in our barrel room at the pub. There it sits overnight and collects whatever funky wild yeast and bacteria may be living in the room. The next day it is transferred to oak wine barrels where it ferments wildly and ages for a few months. The end result is a wild, spontaneously fermented, sour, and tasty hand-crafted beer! 5.5% ABV
Russian River Brewing Company is located at 725 4th Street in Santa Rosa, CA.
We’ve got a fresh collaboration locked and loaded this weekend, with Connecticut’s OEC Brewing joining Belgium’s Hanssens Artisinaal. Artista Zynergia: Oudilis will hit the brewery on Saturday, August 15 at noon in bottles and draft.
- $16 per 500mL bottle
- Limit 6 per person
Introducing Artista Zynergia: Oudilis. This time around we went to work with Hanssens Artisanaal. Oudilis is an interpretation of a “Belgian Style Gueuze” with a slight tweak. The blend is done using 2 year old lambic ale and a “Berliner Weisse” style ale that was aged & soured in Chardonnay barrels from France for 8 months. 5.2% ABV
OEC Brewing is located at 7 Fox Hollow Rd. in Oxford, CT.
Yup, you read that correctly – Upland’s next public sour sale will include Sour Reserve #6. Kicking off on Saturday, August 8 when doors open at ALL locations (times vary), the sale also features Orchid, Kiwi Lambic and Cherry Lambic. Enjoy!
- Bloomington Brew Pub – 11:00 am
- Bloomington West Side Beer Bar – 2:00 pm
- Carmel Tap House – 11:00 am
- Broad Ripple Tasting Room – 12:00 pm
- $25 + tax per 750mL bottle
- Limit 1 per person for Sour Reserve #6
Sour Reserve – We began our sour ale project in 2006 with only four oak barrels previously used to age red wine. The number has grown over the years, along with the amount of sour ale we’ve brewed. Each barrel develops unique characteristics as it ferments independently, and just as Belgian brewers have been doing for centuries, we’ve sought out our favorite barrels, some young, some several years old, for blending. By blending the sour ale from these barrels together in various amounts, we created in this bottle a live harmony of tartness, fruitiness, and layers of flavor that can never be replicated.
Check out all of Upland Brewing’s locations here.