Similar to other releases in the product line, this will be available in 375mL bottles and limited draft.
This dark sour ale was inspired by classic Old Fashioned cocktails. We fermented a velvety imperial stout with our house sour culture, then aged it in Woodford Reserve Bourbon barrels alongside sweet Bing cherries and freshly zested oranges to create a rich, tart stout that’s perfect for sipping on cold winter nights. 9% ABV
News about a 2nd batch of The Bruery The Wanderer broke some time ago, as they announced the beer’s arrival into their Reserve Society lineup. Now ready for a proper release, The Wanderer will return to its origin at City Beer Store in San Francisco on Saturday, December 14 at noon.
If you missed out previously, The Wanderer was part of City Beer Store’s 5th anniversary celebration in 2011, which featured 3 exclusive beers specially crafted for the occasion (Midnight Sun Open Container and Fifty Fifty Rouge Baril Baltique being the other two). This is a dark sour ale aged in oak barrels with blackberries and cherries, coming in at 8% ABV.
- Bottles go on sale when the store opens at noon
- Limit one case per person
- EDIT 12/13: $19.99 per 750mL bottle
- The Wanderer (Batch 1)
- Melange #1
- Oude Tart with Cherries
Check out more info and the full story about the beer here.
City Beer Store is located at 1168 Folsom Street (between 7th & 8th) in San Francisco. Check them out here.
More barrel-aged beer is on the horizon in San Francisco. Speakeasy Ales & Lagers will officially introduce The Syndicate Series of barrel-aged ales on Thursday, December 5 from 4-7pm at the brewery, starting with Syndicate No. 01. Each release in the program will be a unique blend of strong beers that have been aged in American spirits barrels for no less than nine months.
Syndicate No. 01 is a blend of six strong ales matured between 12-26 months in various bourbon barrels. Here’s the breakdown:
- Old Godfather (51%) Barleywine aged 26 months
- Black Hand Volume 1 (15%) Imperial Stout aged 13 months
- Two Minutes to Midnight (14%) Imperial Stout aged 12 months
- Betrayal (11%) Imperial Red aged 12 months
- Double Daddy (5%) Imperial IPA aged 12 months
- Payback (3%) Robust Porter aged 18 months
A mere 350 cases were produced, so Syndicate No. 01 will only be available at the brewery and a small number of West coast stores.
Visit the official Facebook event page for all the details. Speakeasy Ales & Lagers is located at 1195 Evans Ave in San Francisco.
Buzz surrounding The Rare Barrel has circulated throughout the craft beer community since February 2012 – ::drumroll:: – now the time is finally here. This all-sour, all barrel-aged brewery is the brainchild of Jay Goodwin, former Brewer and Head of Barrel Aging at The Bruery, Alex Wallash, homebrewer and Sales Representative in biotechnology, and Brad Goodwin, entrepreneur in the pharmaceutical industry.
While the official launch of The Rare Barrel will be at City Beer Store on Thursday, October 17 at 5pm, devotees will have the opportunity to join their Founder’s Club TODAY at 9am PST. Similar to other reserve societies, memberships include exclusive access to limited sours, discounts, special glassware and more. $300 will get you into this one for 2014.
- Ten 750 mL bottles of sour beer (Blender’s Choice)
- First right to purchase most bottle releases online
- 10% discount on all purchases in tasting room and online
- One custom ceramic 32oz. growler
- Two pieces of custom glassware
- Membership ID card
- First right of acceptance for 2015 membership
- Option to pick-up at brewery, ship within California (at an additional cost), or assign a trustee
- Cost – $300 (+tax)
Check out the fine print and purchase on The Rare Barrel store here.